Sunday, 22 December 2013

Savoury Sweet Potato Nut cakes

Sweet Potato Nut cakes

When I say cake, what I really mean is flat disk of food. 


Surrounded by meaningless salad.

After a week of trying to convince the French that Vegan is a real concept, I am very glad to be back my UK home kitchen. 

#NomFuckingNom

Ingredients
Makes 5 potato cakes

1 large Sweet Potato
1 medium potato
1 tin of mixed beans
2 big handfuls of cooked kale

Paprika
Nutmeg
Agave or Maple syrup
Salt
Pepper
Nutritional Yeast

Unsalted nuts (I used almonds & cashews)
Sesame Oil

1. Peel, chop, boil & drain potatoes

Cause nobody wants no wet potatoes.


2. Drain tin of beans, add to potatoes. MASH.

Mash that shit.


3. Add a heaped tblespoon of paprika, a good sprinkling of nutmeg and a cup of nutritional yeast.

4. Add salt, pepper & agave syrup to taste (don't be afraid to dip your fingers in that delicious mush)

5. Chop cooked kale finely. MIX IN. 

6. Crush 1/2 a cup of nuts in pestle & mortar. Mix with a good glug of sesame oil, salt, pepper & a squeeze of agave/maple syrup.



7. Shape sweet potato mash mix into cakes and lay on an oiled baking tray



8. Sprinkle nut mixture on top of cakes



9. Bake in oven 180(°C) for 20 mins


Serve with salad and/or rice. Dip in sauce of your choice.


BECAUSE NOT EATING CARBS IS FOR BITCHES.

No comments:

Post a Comment